Building on experience and knowledge gained from delivering robust, scalable platform solutions for the global TV broadcast sector, the Motive Video2Go delivery platform provides enhanced customer communications opportunities for leading brands in a number of vertical markets, including the Hospitality, Travel, Retail, Entertainment, e-Learning as well as a variety of other service industries.
Following closely on from its success in The Home Cloud space with its TV Anywhere and TV Anytime products, Motive brings its focus to bear on The Personal Mobile Cloud arena. Its Video2Go solution improves the efficiency of customer/brand interaction and provides an opportunity for incremental revenue generation by enabling brand owners to deliver self-created, advertising based content direct to a customers’ mobile device, using only the local WiFi network or without the need for an outbound Internet connection. Brand owners can initiate, lengthen and deepen their conversations with customers through the use of high quality video content, consumed within an appropriate location and in a highly personal manner.
The huge forecasted growth in the consumer tablet and smartphone market indicates that Motive’s Video2Go technology is arriving at precisely the right time.
Imagine entering a DIY store and receiving an instruction video, direct to your smartphone or iPad, detailing the materials and steps required to complete your DIY project. Video2Go technology makes that possible by delivering high quality content where it’s needed, when it’s needed by the unmatched use and combination of:
• Message - self created, high quality video content
• Place - delivered directly to personal mobile devices whilst in your store/location where consumers are more responsive to appropriate communication
• Time - consumable whenever it’s required and as often as the customer desires
The V2G platform not only provides innovative, engaging, high quality video quickly and easily but it delivers video directly into a consumer’s personal space, by targeting their smartphone/tablet, bypassing the public and social space where such conversations are usually conducted. V2G communication is placed directly into the most privileged of areas, increasing its influence and ultimately, its effectiveness.
V2G offers the advantage of speed-of-delivery, timeliness and lower cost over any internet-dependent website download or live video content streaming. Delivered videos may be shared, subject to brand control and digital rights management, to widen potential impact and reach. When combined with social media platforms, your most satisfied customers can add comments and recommendations to shared content. Right message, right place, and right time!
As video evolves from expensive, mass market, single message, and wide push- broadcast to fragmented, self-selected, personal consumption, so video-based communication is now becoming a very cost-effective media to create and with V2G, distribute.
Video consumption volumes are astounding:
• Twitter - 30 million video views per month
• Facebook - 50 million views per month
• YouTube - 4 Billion views per day and over 60 hours of video are uploaded to the site every single minute!
Compelling video has to be engaging, sticky, and informative, provide clarity of message whilst being available on all manner of mobile devices – “Intelligent Content”.
A major advantage of self-created video content is that due to its relatively low cost and high demand it can, somewhat uniquely, be deployed across the entire customer relationship life cycle (educate, inform, try/buy, product usage, problem resolution, referrals) – try doing that with a TV ad campaign.
V2G, by placing this powerful medium right inside a consumer’s “personal” space and whilst they are in a location pertinent to the video’s content, ensures truly effective communication takes place.
Self-created video can support a brands’ entire customer life cycle (see above) in ways that were previously cost-prohibitive. You wouldn’t produce a TV campaign to tell customers how to assemble a DIY patio, but a customer has probably already created this type of video somewhere on the Internet. Monitoring of opinions and performance via integrated feedback surveys, linked directly to Internet capture pages, completes the brand-to-consumer-to-brand communication loop.
The ability to generate, capture and distribute (B2C and C2C) a variety of video across the full customer life cycle, supported throughout by V2G, opens new opportunities for brands to embrace Social rather than allow it to develop into a disconnected marketing silo. V2G can play a pivotal role in the fulfillment of a successful Social strategy.
• Incremental revenue generation opportunities through monetized premium offerings and sponsorship revenue.
• Incremental audience reach through complementary co-branded and integrated social media campaigns.
• A highly effective communication method which is initiated when a customer is in an appropriate location and inherently more receptive.
• V2G is cost effective throughout the entire customer lifecycle experience, as it can be used to promote, inform, educate and incentivise.
• No penalties, in terms of data transfer/3G costs, to consumers
• Cost savings through the re-use of existing Wi-Fi infrastructure plus the potential re-purposing of existing video resources
• Market research can be conducted to solicit usage and attitude information
The potential areas for deployment of Motive’s Video2Go solution are vast. It provides opportunities for the following types of organisations:
1) Those that own their own/lease physical locations and provide Wi-Fi access for their own consumer traffic. These include Retail premises such as grocery stores, coffee shops, DIY stores, bookstores, banks and electronic stores. Entertainment complexes such as football stadiums, cinemas, museums and galleries. Travel hubs such as airport lounges, motorway service centres, ferry ports and train stations. Hospitality and tourism centres such as hotels, theme parks and popular places of interest. Public locations such as hospitals, council offices, libraries, schools and universities.
2) Those that temporarily lease premises, with existing Wi-Fi infrastructure for events such as music concerts, sporting occasions, conferences and exhibitions.
3) Those that sponsor or support venues, with an existing Wi-Fi infrastructure, that attract consumers they are keen to communicate with.
• Entering a coffee shop and receiving a video detailing the latest book or video releases for you to digest during your time in the shop.
• Entering a shopping centre and receiving a layout of the centre, highlighting special offers in certain stores as well as important consumer advice information.
• Getting the latest gadget reviews as you browse through an electrical/store, together with a questionnaire about the most appealing and anticipated future products.
• Relaxing in an airport departure lounge and coffee shop and receiving a video detailing information about your destination.
• On arrival at Heathrow Airport you might receive a video providing information about the London Underground system, reviews of the latest film releases that month or snippets of information about that month’s cultural events in the City of London.
• As you check in at your hotel you can receive local information including discounted tickets, local maps and details of the hotel’s concierge service.
• As you hurry to the first ride in the theme park, imagine the excitement generated by watching a video of the latest gravity defying ride recently opened in the park and planning your day’s progress using your exclusive video map.
• Receive exclusive video footage of an interview with your favourite player after you’ve taken your seat at the new Wembley Stadium.
• Watch behind the scene videos about the preparation of the F1 cars during practice sessions at Silverstone.
• Decide which companies’ videos to download and review over lunch, during your day’s visit to the BBC Good Food Show at the NEC Birmingham.
• Marvel at video highlights of previous Olympic Games as you wait excitedly for the London 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony to commence.
Right message, right place, and right time.
Motive Video2Go can make it happen!